This course enables you to perform everyday tasks using the AIX operating system.
This course provides web based content presentation and recorded lab demonstrations of the discussed skills.
This basic course is suitable for anyone who requires basic AIX user skills. This course is also a prerequisite for those who plan to attend the AIX System Administration courses.
Students should be familiar with basic information technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor Customize the working environment
- Introduction to AIX
- Using the System
- AIX Documentation
- Files and Directories
- Using Files
- File Permissions
- The vi Editor
- Shell Basics