Hitachi VSP G1000, VSP G1500, VSP F1500, VSP Gx00, VSP Fx00 and SVOS 7.0 Differences
Продолжительность очно: 1 дн.
Продолжительность VILT: 1 дн.
Формат обучения: очно, Virtual Instructor-Led Training - VILT
$640 - Partners
This 1 day course provides an introduction to the newly supported Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) hardware and software features and functions of VSP G1500, VSP F1500 and SVOS 7.0. It familiarizes you with the supported drive types and virtual storage directors (VSDs) in VSP G1500 and VSP F1500. You will also learn about the three mainframe enhancements, the controller-based data compression, deduplication features, and the linked snapshots data protection feature extension to Hitachi Thin Image replication.
In addition, this course discusses enhancements such as LDEV level quality of service control for server performance monitor (SPM) and accuracy adjustments to the performance reporting for flash and solid state drive RAID groups.
Для кого этот курс
- Install and Support
- Implement and Integrate
Требуемые знания и навыки
Basic understanding of Hitachi storage architecture
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- List the Hitachi Storage Virtualization Operating System (SVOS) 7.0 changes that apply to all Hitachi storage systems running it
- Describe the new supported drive types
- Describe the new controller-based data compression and deduplication data reduction features
- Explain the global-active device (GAD) enhancement
- Describe the global-active device for NAS feature
- Discuss the new OS support options for customer-provided SVP or MPC servers
- Describe the new virtual storage director type (MPB) and its differences
- Describe the nondisruptive upgrade process for VSP G1000 to VSP G1500
- Describe the new enterprise class VSP F1500 all flash array
- List the three new mainframe features supported in SVOS 7.0
- List the newly supported CLI commands for parity group configuration and management
- Describe the licensing of the SVOS 7.0 data reduction features
- Describe the high-level, two-step process by which duplicate data is identified
- Describe the new Hitachi Thin Image linked snapshots feature
- List the limitations of linked snapshots
- Hardware and SVOS 7.0 Differences for All VSP Storage Models
- Hardware and SVOS 7.0 Differences for VSP G1000, VSP G1500 and VSP F1500
- Hardware and SVOS 7.0 Differences for VSP Gx00 and VSP Fx00
- Data Reduction Using Controller-based Compression and Deduplication
- Introducing Hitachi Thin Image Linked Snapshots